1. Data Collection
Personal, lifestyle and travel data is collected by the following methods:
- when a booking is made with MyFerryLink (via phone and internet)
- when a brochure is requested via our Contact Centre or over the internet
- when a competition, questionnaire or referral is completed
2. Use of Data
Personal, lifestyle and travel data is collected as part of the enquiry and booking process and is used to fulfil the booking and instruction. The data is retained and used for accounting, billing and auditing, administrative and training, legal, security and payment verification purposes.
4. Marketing Communications
Currently, limited personal, lifestyle and travel data is used by MyFerryLink to advise customers of fare information and special offers, or products and services that we feel are relevant by direct mail and/or e-mail.
5. Analysis and Research
Data collection via the internet and over the telephone will allow us to monitor the success of our service and plan future mailing, brochure and web site content.
6. Opt-Out of Receiving Marketing Communications
There is an opportunity to opt out of receiving future information from MyFerryLink. Wherever we collect personal data, there is an opportunity to opt out of the marketing communications, both from MyFerryLink and third party partners.
The following address for opting out of such marketing materials is:
Data Controller, Unit 14, Whitfield Court, Honeywood Close, Whitfield, Kent, CT16 3PX
7. Disclosure of data
Outside of MyFerryLink, the data may be disclosed to the following parties:
- contracted Agencies, to allow us to carry out research and analysis for the planning of future activity. All such agencies are required by contractual agreement not to disclose any such data without the consent of MyFerryLink
- MyFerryLink may be share data with carefully selected third parties for the purpose of providing customers with joint promotions or promotions that MyFerryLink believe will interest customers. If customers opt-out, then the disclosure and use of their details will stop.
- MyFerryLink will not share data outside of the EEA or to any country without adequate levels of data protection.